Friday, April 24, 2009

THE NEW OREO BABY


Here is the newest addition to our herd. This is Oreo, and she was born on April 3. She is quite the show off, too. I was just positive her momma was going to have multiples, and she did, in fact, have two, but Oreo's twin did not live. So, as before, mom Bessie is still a "one bunner."

As I write, Oreo is now three weeks old, and she is quite the "kid." She spends her time trying to figure out how to play with the six week old triplets, getting into trouble with the older goats, and mimicking her mother by trying to eat grass and hay. Oh, and I forgot - the all-time, most fun our goats have - trying to climb up onto the top of the dogloo doghouse we have in the goat yard for the babies to shelter in. At any given time, there is at least one, and usually two, young goats on top of the dogloo playing King of the Mountain. They butt, they shove, and they execute daring high jumps as they play. Oreo should achieve lift-off sometime in the next week. She is just about the right size, and she has been practicing her climbing skills on the discarded street sweeper brush we have out there for everyone to scratch on.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration to me, Christine. Your posts always make me think.

    Thanks to my SIL, I've figured out how to leave you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Go here to pick it up: http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com/2009/04/kreativ-blogger-awardfor-me.html

    I enjoy your blog so much! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete